Bleach: Awakening of the Elder Ones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Awakening of the Elder Ones

A Bleach RP based in an alternate universe. Years of struggle and strife are common on this planet. But this chaos is slowly catching the attention of those that should have remained asleep.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spam Topic
Banner Change? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 am by Stauracius Diogenes

» The Winged Fraccion
Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 pm by Sorva Wanon

» Nearly there
Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:09 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing Testing 1,2,3
Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Ryouta's RP Sample (Approved)
Banner Change? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:38 am by ryuzaraki

» Advertising Rules
Banner Change? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:42 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Digital hazard
Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:12 pm by Guest

» 5000 posts and the future [PLZ READ]
Banner Change? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:57 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

Top posters
Zafaron Uriuc
Banner Change? Vote_lcapBanner Change? Voting_barBanner Change? Vote_rcap 
Madame Rose
Fuuga Natsu
Fukki Kurayami
Spinzaku
Butter Wrestling Warrior
Stauracius Diogenes
Tuwa Cheveyo
Kazuki Kadarame
Sakura Romanov
Affiliates

Banner Change? Ftrpg11

STAFF
WEBMASTER

Banner Change? The-go13
Zafaron Uriuc

CO-ADMIN

Stauracius Diogenes

MOD SQUAD

Levi Colton

Kurokotsu Dokueki

Natsu Fuuga

https://i.servimg.com/u/f36/14/86/58/52/th/alecto12.jpg
Ranryou Roga
VOTE!

Free Top Site

Banner Change?

Go down 
+2
Fukki Kurayami
Zafaron Uriuc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zafaron Uriuc
Admin
Zafaron Uriuc

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:50 am

After getting a new phone and trying out the site and also using the site on another computer that is not mine I noticed something.

The banner is kinda big.

Do you guys think I shrink it vertically a bit since a lot of it is kinda dead space anyways.

Or do you think I should instead just change the banner period? (By the way, not allowing this option unless you actually have a good suggestion that doesn't require me to pay an artist or something.)
Back to top Go down
https://bleach-awakening.forummotion.com
Fukki Kurayami

Fukki Kurayami

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Quote :
I was playing a little with photoshop and a few pics before starting my work for college and came up with this
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

if you want i could try to do it again taking it more seriously
i was going to post it somewhere in the forum to see if people liked it but decided to show you instead

so what did u guys think of it? i'll do more later
Back to top Go down
Hideaki Ryouta

Hideaki Ryouta

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Alright. First off, I personally only like the first (for the image) and third (for the color) suggested banners, Fukki. The others don't really appeal to my senses, and the first one is the only one I like enough to approve of for an actual banner (if we were forced to change out our current one).

Second, I feel that Bleach AOE is unnecessary, especially as you have "Awakening of the Elder Ones" right beneath the Bleach.

I feel that, while it might be a good start to something amazing, the current state of the banners do not compare to the banner we currently have. Noted is that lack differentiation between shapes due to a lack of colors (first banner) as well as a lack of color interaction, period.
Back to top Go down
Fukki Kurayami

Fukki Kurayami

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks hideki, i liked how the 3rd one turned out too but still need a lot of work.
about the AOE thing you may be right i'll remember about it next time.

any more comments about them?
Back to top Go down
Hideaki Ryouta

Hideaki Ryouta

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Well, going off of what I said last, I think the major problem here is that the second, third, and fourth banners don't really have anything substantial to focus on. The third circumvents this slightly with the object on the left side of the banner (I am uncertain as to what it is), but it is not strong enough to truly balance out the rest of the image.

There is very little balance in terms of color. It is pretty much 100% lightly colored with nothing dark to counter this. There's little to no contrast or compliments, and that makes it a relatively unexciting picture to see. This is why the third image is the better out of the three I've mentioned, because the red, yellow, and black takes it a step closer to quality than the others.

I *really* like the first one for its illusion of movement a la butterflies and swords while also presenting a minimalistic color scheme. To be honest, I would have preferred it without the random splotches of color and just kept it at primarily white with small inclinations of purple at key areas. In the first banner, the lack of color is actually a beneficial component, and the current scheme (which has color placed seemingly randomly throughout the picture) detracts from that.
Back to top Go down
Butter Wrestling Warrior

Butter Wrestling Warrior

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Hmm, I must say Fukki, I'm impressed with what you have to offer so far.

I'm not quite sure what Zafaron thinks now, but I wouldn't mind having a new change for the banner, especially if it's badass. ^^

I unfortunately do not know as much about photoshop as Fukki or Hideaki seem to know, but I'd prefer to keep the element of contrasts from our current banner. I really like the 3rd banner that Fukki created, but again, I'd like to see what it looks like with contrasting colors.

At any rate, I think this speculation and brainstorming is very productive. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc
Admin
Zafaron Uriuc

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:08 pm

As I said to Fukki, I am completely biased due to taking a few hours to make the current banner. <.<

So I leave it up to you guys to decide.
Back to top Go down
https://bleach-awakening.forummotion.com
Fukki Kurayami

Fukki Kurayami

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:04 am

there you go i'll do more later, still reworking the previous 3rd from the last post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

and someone besides me could post here too lol
Back to top Go down
Butter Wrestling Warrior

Butter Wrestling Warrior

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:11 am

Ooh, I really like the 3rd one, Fukki. It's nice and simple, and it also has a nice contrast of the red and blue backgrounds.

Though I think the hand reaching out should have a white outline or something, so that the shape and contours can be made out easier.

Also, I'm interested to see how the text would look if it was white with red and blue outlines. Just curious to see.

Back to top Go down
Madame Rose

Madame Rose

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:35 am

I like the second one of that last batch most, but I still think it could use some work. It looks a bit...like someone molested the middle. The sides are nicely done, but that middle area detracts from the whole thing, for me. Maybe try to mix in some darker shades to go with the current site layout, to make it easier to picture as our actual banner?
Back to top Go down
Hideaki Ryouta

Hideaki Ryouta

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:54 am

I think the biggest problem that you're having now is that you're trying to do too much to it. You're trying to overcompensate for what was wrong the last time.

The biggest problem throughout all of these new pieces is that the *huge* AWAKENING OF THE ELDER ONES smack dab in the middle that persists from one end to the other. The focus of your artwork should, as a rule of thumb, *never* be centered directly in the middle of the artwork. It's also a very large, very grand, very dominating part of the image that dominates the rest of the images and throws any semblance of balance out the window. At this point, you're balancing the background without providing the same consideration for the words.

You're also trying to do *far* too much. Simplicity is the name of the game. Your third picture is pretty much the objective "best" of the lot because it isn't nearly as chaotic as the others. Going from the third picture to the fourth picture, for example (overlapping the butterflies and color scheme), is a huge difference (in a negative way), and the biggest hurdle for your second picture is the overlapping of Ichigo. Without Ichigo there and the fuzziness on the right side (and reworking of the "Bleach" words), it would make a decent image, I would imagine. The soft blue and white combination without a solid point of focus would mesh quite well.

Your fourth one is *ok* but the balance appears to be skewed. I particularly liked the black lines running down the face but heavily disliked the golden Zangetsu. None of it seems to be strong enough to counter the glaring words in the center, and that makes it appear both lackluster and overbearing.

The fifth one attempts to creating objectual balance but goes about it the wrong way. Adding a Zanpakutou to one side after placing it on the other does not constitute good balance. It constitutes clutter. We also have very little to nothing of interest in the center of the screen (barring the words) while both edges are receiving most of the attention.

~~~~~

There are many techniques to create a good piece of art, and there are an even greater number of combinations. Just don't try to go overboard and do too much, or you'll spoil all of them.

Peanut Butter tastes good.
Jelly tastes good.
Peanut Butter, Jelly Sandwich tastes better.

Peanut Butter tastes good.
Bananas taste good.
Peanut Butter, Banana Sandwich tastes better.

Put it *all* together..?

Peanut Butter, Jelly Sandwich with Bananas on it? That's going a bit far...
Back to top Go down
Kyoshiro-sama

Kyoshiro-sama

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:54 am

I like the third one of the second batch and the fourth one cause it has my fav weapon in it. But the third one more cause it keeps and red to blue contrast in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banner Change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Change?   Banner Change? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banner Change?
Page 1 of 1