Bleach: Awakening of the Elder Ones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Awakening of the Elder Ones

A Bleach RP based in an alternate universe. Years of struggle and strife are common on this planet. But this chaos is slowly catching the attention of those that should have remained asleep.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spam Topic
Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 am by Stauracius Diogenes

» The Winged Fraccion
Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 pm by Sorva Wanon

» Nearly there
Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:09 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing Testing 1,2,3
Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Ryouta's RP Sample (Approved)
Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:38 am by ryuzaraki

» Advertising Rules
Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:42 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Digital hazard
Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:12 pm by Guest

» 5000 posts and the future [PLZ READ]
Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:57 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

Top posters
Zafaron Uriuc
Flash Step for Superhumans? Vote_lcapFlash Step for Superhumans? Voting_barFlash Step for Superhumans? Vote_rcap 
Madame Rose
Flash Step for Superhumans? Vote_lcapFlash Step for Superhumans? Voting_barFlash Step for Superhumans? Vote_rcap 
Fuuga Natsu
Fukki Kurayami
Spinzaku
Butter Wrestling Warrior
Stauracius Diogenes
Tuwa Cheveyo
Kazuki Kadarame
Sakura Romanov
Affiliates

Flash Step for Superhumans? Ftrpg11

STAFF
WEBMASTER

Flash Step for Superhumans? The-go13
Zafaron Uriuc

CO-ADMIN

Stauracius Diogenes

MOD SQUAD

Levi Colton

Kurokotsu Dokueki

Natsu Fuuga

https://i.servimg.com/u/f36/14/86/58/52/th/alecto12.jpg
Ranryou Roga
VOTE!

Free Top Site

Flash Step for Superhumans?

Go down 
+5
Spinzaku
Erika
Niklas Einzbern
Madame Rose
Zafaron Uriuc
9 posters

Flash Step?
Yes, give them a flash step.
Flash Step for Superhumans? Vote_lcap20%Flash Step for Superhumans? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No, its unnecessary.
Flash Step for Superhumans? Vote_lcap80%Flash Step for Superhumans? Vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Zafaron Uriuc
Admin
Zafaron Uriuc

Flash Step for Superhumans? Empty
PostSubject: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Alright I have had this brought up before and I decided to let the site decide.

Every single race besides the superhumans has some form of a flash step. However, should this be the case?

Argument for Superhuman flash step -

Would even out the abilities of the races.

Would give them a boost when it comes to fighting.

Argument against Superhumans having a flash step -

They already each have their own unique and unrelated abilities, would be weird that they all somehow share a flash step.

Some of the superhumans have already made up for this by giving themselves abilities to speed up their bodies.

Of course I could think up more arguments if I cared much but I don't feel like it. So if you have any other arguments for or against, post them here. Also when you post in the poll you need to make a post in the topic. If not your vote may not be counted since I would be unsure if people are using multi-accounts to screw up the poll. (I doubt anyone would but I prefer to be cautious.)

(Also if the final verdict is yes, I need someone to help think up a name for me.)
Back to top Go down
https://bleach-awakening.forummotion.com
Madame Rose

Madame Rose

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:49 pm

I am for, as I voted, because I originally raised this issue. I think it's a bit weird that the Superhumans have to give up a technique slot just to give themselves a technique everybody else already has. If need be, just make it so Superhumans get a little extra technique specifically for movement, so they can have that and keep their three other moves.
Back to top Go down
Niklas Einzbern

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm for Superhumans having something like Flash Step as well. It could just simply be that every Superhuman's individual power gives them a trait similar to Flash Step (Kuro's suggestion) or perhaps it's just something inherent to all Superhumans. Perhaps it's simply a common technique that requires little more than a rudimentary knowledge of manipulating their own spiritual energy?
Back to top Go down
Erika

Erika

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:48 pm

I'm against. It would further reduce the difference between the races which, I think, dulls the experience. You don't make a Human so that he can be a clone of a Shinigami - you make a Human because they are unique from the other races. They can't do shunpo (or something similar), but they have abilities the other races do not.

I don't think its necessary, and adding something would make them less unique.
Back to top Go down
Spinzaku

Spinzaku

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:04 pm

I'm against. Superhumans are just that Superhumans. They don't need a movement skill when one of their own can teleport them all around the world like it's nothing. So when Bounts come into play what then. "Oh well Bounts don't have a flash step lets give them one to." No yuor unique in your own way. if a movement skill is that important to you then by all means create your own technique, or as it's been done, have your ability give you your OWN flash step as not to ruin the superhuman look.
Back to top Go down
Butter Wrestling Warrior

Butter Wrestling Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:44 pm

My character was an interesting case. I had wanted to give him some boosts in speed and power when he released his ability, but Zafaron convinced me not to. Other than finding a way to get Levi quickly to the battlefield so that he can actually fight someone, I don't have much trouble RPing as him. He can withstand a fair amount of damage, and his cannons make it hard for people to get too close to him.

In any case, I will abstain in the voting. I will let other members decide this issue, as it seems to be a evenly divided one so far.
Back to top Go down
Madame Rose

Madame Rose

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:39 pm

The difference, for me, Ranryou, is that Bounts have been told to have no powers except for what are in their Dolls. Superhumans have power coursing through them, so they should be able to have their own move.
Back to top Go down
Hideaki Ryouta

Hideaki Ryouta

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:24 pm

I am against.

As has been stated before, I feel that it would further reduce the differentiation between superhumans and the other races without just cause. The superhumans already have traits that should balance out their inability to Shunpo and, if one truly wants mobility, they can create an ability for that purpose.
Back to top Go down
Takeshi Shinobu

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:39 am

I'm against.

All reasons have been stated so I don't have to repeat.
Back to top Go down
Hezro

Hezro

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 pm

i voted against.

my thoughts have already been said above.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc
Admin
Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:01 am

Alright, I think that is enough votes.

The populace has spoken so Superhumans will not get a total race flash step. Also they will not immediately get an extra slot open for a movement tech.

However, I may make it so that if a superhuman wishes to have some type of movement tech that isn't a flash step copy and is more related to the specific abilities of that superhuman, I may make it so it costs only 50 points rather than the usual 100. Still not decided on that but it may be implemented in the end.
Back to top Go down
https://bleach-awakening.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flash Step for Superhumans?   Flash Step for Superhumans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flash Step for Superhumans?
Page 1 of 1