Bleach: Awakening of the Elder Ones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Awakening of the Elder Ones

A Bleach RP based in an alternate universe. Years of struggle and strife are common on this planet. But this chaos is slowly catching the attention of those that should have remained asleep.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spam Topic
Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 am by Stauracius Diogenes

» The Winged Fraccion
Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 pm by Sorva Wanon

» Nearly there
Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:09 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing Testing 1,2,3
Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Ryouta's RP Sample (Approved)
Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:38 am by ryuzaraki

» Advertising Rules
Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:42 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Digital hazard
Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:12 pm by Guest

» 5000 posts and the future [PLZ READ]
Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:57 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

Top posters
Zafaron Uriuc
Flash Step Rule Vote_lcapFlash Step Rule Voting_barFlash Step Rule Vote_rcap 
Madame Rose
Fuuga Natsu
Fukki Kurayami
Spinzaku
Butter Wrestling Warrior
Stauracius Diogenes
Tuwa Cheveyo
Kazuki Kadarame
Sakura Romanov
Affiliates

Flash Step Rule Ftrpg11

STAFF
WEBMASTER

Flash Step Rule The-go13
Zafaron Uriuc

CO-ADMIN

Stauracius Diogenes

MOD SQUAD

Levi Colton

Kurokotsu Dokueki

Natsu Fuuga

https://i.servimg.com/u/f36/14/86/58/52/th/alecto12.jpg
Ranryou Roga
VOTE!

Free Top Site

Flash Step Rule

Go down 
5 posters

Do you think it is necessary to have such rule?(Explain why)
Yes
Flash Step Rule Vote_lcap17%Flash Step Rule Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
No
Flash Step Rule Vote_lcap83%Flash Step Rule Vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Stauracius Diogenes

Stauracius Diogenes

Flash Step Rule Empty
PostSubject: Flash Step Rule   Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:17 am

I am against, after mading up my mind with my counselors and forming a clear thought.

I think we should not take such measures as they threaten the site's integrity more than abuses themselves. Nonetheless, I fully support the idea of reporting such abuses regarding Shunpo, Sonido and Hirenkyaku.

I should state that I regard the forementioned as nothing more than a way to loldodge. They should be used as rarely as possible. Thus, there will be some exceptions such when the user is near-death and such.

I think the restrictions must not be taken unless it is necessary and they are deemed flawless by anyone, or at least the majority.

All in all, I strongly advise you to remove them for the time being, your Highness.

Last edited by Stauracius Diogenes on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erika

Erika

Flash Step Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Step Rule   Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:26 am

At this point, everyone probably knows my opinion. Dio has already explained all I would say anyway, so for my reasoning, defer to his post.
Back to top Go down
Takeshi Shinobu

Flash Step Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Step Rule   Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 am

Same goes for me.
Back to top Go down
Spinzaku

Spinzaku

Flash Step Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Step Rule   Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:13 am

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc
Admin
Zafaron Uriuc

Flash Step Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Step Rule   Flash Step Rule Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:16 pm

And I am sure you know mine as well. I am not going to bother to explain it in the chatbox because I can make the clear coherent thought here.

Do you know what is nice about rules? They are clear and concrete. If I say you can do X, then you can do X. If I say you can't do Z, you can't do Z.

Stability and having something to grab a hold of in any argument, especially on the internet, is entirely necessary and the way you are proposing to deal with this issue does not give that.

Here you have stated that abuses should be reported. Well what warrants an abuse? Is it situational? Is it a certain number? What is or is not an abuse is extremely variable. One person may think something is necessary while another may believe that it was ridiculous.

There are thousands of different scenarios in which flash steps can be used and trying to put a label on what an abuse is is nearly impossible. Each specific instance has its reasons, its results, and specific factors influencing it.

You have said that they should be used as little as possible but they are used for other things then just dodging. They could be used to run around an area trying to confuse an enemy. They could be used to catch up to a thrown weapon. They can be used to get close to your opponent for an attack.

So what about these uses. Are these allowed? Are we only restricting people on the loldodging? But that then opens the doorway for people to just use them repeatedly to get close to their opponent which can be just as frustrating as anything else.

Or here is another question. What is a loldodge? If someone could dodge an attack but chooses to do so by a flash step to get into a good position for their next attack is that a loldodge or no? What about the same scenario except they couldn't have done a regular dodge but would have taken only a little damage and didn't take a hit because they wanted to get into that good position?

Is it only a loldodge if they are dodging a really dangerous technique? But wouldn't that also be the most reasonable time to do it? I mean if you have a super dodge move, wouldn't you use it when you are in the most danger? But that is also when it looks the most like a loldodge. And if they are near death, instead of saying that it is okay to use them then, wouldn't realistically it be more difficult to have trouble using a flash step if your organs are coming out of your side?

And as briefly mentioned earlier, what about how its original use, to cross distances quickly? If you are fighting with an opponent in close range and use a flash step to increase the distance between you, that seems reasonable right? But what if you used it also because they were about to decapitate you. Is it still reasonable or is it now a problem.

Now to add some more trouble to the mix. What about specific users? Do specific individuals or groups get more leniency when it comes to flash step use? Does the lieutenant of second division get the ability to use it more often without it being considered an abuse or is he the same as everybody else since it is based on when it is more of a loldodge. But wait, even the definition of a loldodge isn't that clear anyways so it all reverts back to square one anyways.

Now that I have torn that apart, lets move on to the final problem. How do you respond to someone that has been reported as having abused flash steps? Do you take points away? Do you just tell them they are naughty and slap them on the wrist? Do I kick them off the forum for a day? Do we make it so they can't use flash steps for the rest of the fight?

Do we just tell them to change their last post and tell them to take out the flash step from it? And if we did that, what would we do from there? Would we tell them to wait a bit before using it again and if so how many posts? And if they still use it before then, what do you do in that situation?

Each of these different ways we could respond has its pros and its cons as well. There is no "right" way to respond. And then since there is no set way of deciding what is or isn't an abuse, what happens if your opinion on something changes over time?

For example what if at one point someone dodges at a certain point and we say it is okay. Then a week later someone else does it and we have decided in retrospect that we shouldn't have okayed it the first time and tell the second person it is abuse. Then how do we respond if they say they specifically did that type of dodge BECAUSE we had already approved it in the past. Do you still tell them to change, make a rule about it for future reference, or do something to the person who was originally allowed to do it?

This could also happen in reverse. What if we had at some point told someone they couldn't use a flash step in a certain situation and change our minds for a later case? How do you make it up to the person who we originally said no to? At best we seem inconsistent, at worst we could go as far as seeming to play favorites.

The problem with your argument is that to fully be used properly you have to prepare for basically any situation that comes your way, define abuse and loldodge, and set up what penalties will be used on those specific offenses. In the end the system you are trying to have set up is far more confusing, far less stable, and altogether weaker then a concrete rule.

If you already have it planned out exactly how you will respond to these questions, then I would love to hear it. But I honestly don't think you can answer all of this in the system you wish to set up without it being extremely complicated.

This is also the same reason that I have never done anything about people abusing flash steps in the first place. It creates too much of a gray area and more problems then it solves. So in my opinion we either go back to the way it was before where the staff tactufully ignores flash step spam and I will continue to get complaints.

Or we go with a more concrete rule to explain exactly what can or can't be done.

If you think you can put together a better way however, I would love to hear your response in this topic.
Back to top Go down
https://bleach-awakening.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

Flash Step Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Step Rule   Flash Step Rule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flash Step Rule
Page 1 of 1